As stainless steel jewelry is more and more popular for jewelry material, when setting gemstone or crystals, will be more various design and good outlook.
The gemstone setting process is a very important process in the production of jewelry. It can perfectly combine metal and gemstone, and at the same time present the ambiguity and beauty of the gemstone. There are many stone setting methods in jewelry, and the exquisite technique can give jewels a new vitality, make the jewels lively and fragrant, and make them more satisfying.
Now, I will share 9 common gemstone setting types for stainless steel jewelry.
1. Prong setting: A process that is most common and relatively simple to operate. The prong setting is a method of fastening a gemstone to a bracket (with a mouth) with a metal claw. The claws are divided into single and group inlays. The single inlay is only placed on the bracket with a larger gemstone; it sets off and reflects the brilliance and value of the main stone. Cluster setting, the main stone is surrounded by smaller stones so many smaller diamonds can be combined into larger and more beautiful rings. Generally, there are six claws, four claws, and three claws according to the number of claws. According to the shape of the claw, it is divided into pearl claws, triangular claws, and water droplet claws. According to the size of the claws, it is divided into large, medium, and small.
2. Channel setting: It is a method of first pulling out the groove on the precious metal bracket and then clamping the diamond into the groove. The channel setting method is suitable for crystals or stones of the same diameter, one after the other, which are continuously embedded in the track, and the metal is supported by the two sides. This mosaic method can make the surface of the decoration look smooth.
3. Common Prong: belongs to the retro style, the thin metal strip separates each gemstone separately, and the exposed part of the gemstone reflects the beautiful light.
4. Bezel Setting: It divided into an all-inclusive and semi-inlaid set, it is a technique of encircling the gems with metal edges, mostly used for some larger gems, especially arches Gemstones, because the larger arched gemstones are not easily fastened by the claw setting process, and the long claws affect the overall appearance.
5. Pave Setting: complex, but fine and chic. A small metal hole grabs each jewel and becomes a fine base. The nail set is to fix the gemstone on the drill bit by using the small nail on the edge of the gemstone and is used for the inlay of the accessory stone in the group setting, and the arrangement thereof is various. The common linear arrangement, surface arrangement, regular arrangement, and irregular arrangement. According to the number of nails, it is divided into two nails, three nails, four nails, and pavé.
6. Press Setting: use of metal tension to fix the waist of the diamond or the waist and the bottom of the part, is now more trendy style. The bareness of the diamond is more advanced than the claw setting, so it is more conducive to the brilliance of the flashing enamel. In the past one or two years, the combination of card and claw setting has changed the charm of diamonds.
7. Borderless Setting: It is not completely without edges, except that there is no edging between the gems, but there are peripheral edges on the jewelry bracket. The principle is to fix the bottom of the gemstone with metal grooves or rails and to fix the gemstone by pressure between the gemstones and between the gemstone and the metal. This method is a mosaic method that uses a squeeze between a gemstone and a gemstone and between a gemstone and a metal to fix each other.
8. Micro-setting: As the name implies, you can understand the exquisiteness of the craft. Micro can explain from two aspects. First, the diamond inlay is carried out under the microscope. Second, the inlaid diamond is extremely small, and the general weight will be below 0.005ct. Most of them are mainly 0.003ct. Such a tiny diamond is set in the 18K gold jewelry, and you can think of the exquisite craftsmanship, so it has created its high craft value!
9. CNC setting: The CNC machine is individually programed for each design so the creative possibilities are limitless. Technological development is currently bringing down the previously high costs of CNC setting and makes it thus more attractive for many industries.